When the Highway Authority adopts the highway of a new development, they will also adopt the street furniture.  The MPAN under the name of the developer will need to transfer to the Highway Authority at the time of adoption so that the Highway Authority take on the responsibility for the electricity.  The UMSO needs to be told of the transfer of responsibility to update their records.

At the time of adoption, the Highway Authority may choose to combine an IDNO inventory together with their existing DNO inventory.  This simplifies the arrangements for the Highway Authority in the enduring arrangements.  To discuss this further please contact the IDNO UMSO. Further details are in the INA guidance document.